Thursday, December 14, 2006

New Year...New Job (?)...New Girl (?)...New Life (?)

Hi Amrul,

Great to hear from you.

Really pleased to hear about the job situation. Hope they suitably reward you with a nice attractive salary and benefits. I take it you will be starting the new role in the early part of next year. Good Luck in the new job and well done on your success.

So no pretty lady on the horizon as yet!
It will happen when its supposed to happen. You are still very young and working hard on establishing your career.
When the time is right, 'Miss Right' will knock on your door.
Honestly, the more you look the less likely you are to find someone. Just let it happen in its own time.
I know it's hard when you don't have someone in your life, especially as we draw close to the New Year.

Are you going home to your parents over the Festive Season?
We will probably go up to Simon's parents on Christmas Day and then perhaps to my Sister's house on Boxing Day. I'm back to work the following day. We are going up to Kent, which is on the South East coast of England, to celebrate the New Year with some very good friends. I'm really looking forward to that.

Greece is a lovely country. I've been to Crete and Corfu although this was over 15 years ago. The lifestyle is so relaxed and the food is lovely. I've never been to Athens but I would imagine that the pace of life is much faster there.
London is a typical city and would be an entirely different type of holiday from a Greek Island....also very expensive. We live 120 miles from London. I've been there several times on business trips but have not as yet been up there on holiday. There are many sights to see and one day Simon and myself will go up for a day or 2 to go round all of the various sights like the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace etc.

Music...I like all sorts although I have to confess that I have never heard of evanescence. Some of my workmates have though. I like most music except for Heavy Metal..that's not my scene at all. I bought Simon a CD for his Birthday. It was 'Twelve Stops and Home' by 'The Feeling'. I really like it and the sound reminds me of the Beatles, in their younger years. Way before you were born!
I also like K T Tunstall, James Morrison, and many more. I love listening to music, especially when I am doing work around the house.

We have been very busy for the last 3 weeks decorating our house. We have decorated the lounge, our bedroom and the hallway. It was really hard work as we were burning old paint off of all of the woodwork with a heatgun as well as painting walls etc. We had new carpets fitted in all 3 places last Thursday so we had to have all of the work completed by last Wednesday evening. Some mornings we were up till 4:30a.m. and then I was working a normal day from 9a.m. at JPMorgan. We also had friends coming to visit us for the weekend so we didn't really relax until Sunday evening when our
friends had gone back home. I have to say that I am very very tired this week, I think last week's long days/nights have finally caught up with me and my body is telling me that I need to try and catch up on my sleep! I fell asleep on the sofa last night, which is unheard of for me, then I was upstairs in bed by 10p.m. This is earlier than normal for me as it is generally around midnight when I get to bed.

I have my work Christmas Party tomorrow night. We are going into town for a meal and then we are going to one of the new Wine Bars in town. Should be a good night. Some are leaving for town straight after work (5pm) but I won't be going in until possibly 7p.m. I'm working the following day so I won't be drinking too much alcohol!

Will you be going out with your work colleagues for a celebration meal before the year end?

Anyway Amrul, must get some more work done.

Look after yourself and if I don't hear from you, have a lovely time over the Festive Season and loads of good wishes for 2007.

Take Care,


Maggie xxx

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Nunung Indrianto said...

assalamua'laikum rul..
paneka nunung indrianto.yo opo kabare peno? btw, who is maggie?

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger amrullah hakim said...

Halo Mas Nunung...
Kabar kulo alhamdulillah sae. Maggie niku rencang kulo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home